Online Casinos that Accept Skrill SA
Skrill is one of the most popular online payment options for a variety of online casinos available exclusively for the South African online casino market. While the name may not be all that familiar to South African online casino gamers just yet, the brand is one of the longest running e-Wallets in the world.
Top-5 Casinos that Accept Skrill
- Huge selection of top-rated games
- Multiple banking options
- Amazing promotions
- Easy to use interface
- Mobile Gaming
Originally known as Moneybookers, this popular international online e-Wallet was launched in 2001 and subsequently rebranded to Skrill in 2011. This is why you may yet come across top South African online casinos that offer Moneybookers as a premium online casino payment option. While this may at first seem a bit confusing, rest assured that it is indeed the same brand as Skrill, so either way you will be able to enjoy all the same features and facilities.
Before the company became known as Skrill, Moneybookers was based within the United Kingdom, offering a worldwide online payment facility that allowed users (including online casino gamers) to make quick and safe transactions on the internet.
Skrill is a very simple online payment system to use and basically satisfies the two main components of a complete online payment option.
- The first component of the Skrill online payment system, allows users to safely and quickly deposit cash into an online account with minimal effort. Users are able to deposit directly via electronic transfer options.
- The second component of the Skrill online payment system allows users to transfer funds from their online casino accounts to their Skrill eWallet. The system is one of the safest and fastest for South African online casino gamblers to use.
Skrill as a NZ Casino Banking Option
Skrill is incredibly easy to use, making it the ideal online eWallet payment option for novices or anyone looking for something safe, simple and reliable. It also doesn’t matter if you wish to upload funds to your Skrill account, or transfer your money to another Skrill account, the service is virtually instantaneous.
It is also important to note that some online payment options such as PaySafeCard and MasterCard (in most instances) cannot be used for withdrawing funds from your SA online casino account. However, Skrill can be used for both deposits and withdrawals at all top SA online casinos. Skrill deposits are secure and available within minutes of depositing funds and withdrawing your winnings will be available to you within in 24 hours or less.
Checkout some of the main features of the Skrill online payment system:
- Send and receive money instantly anywhere in the world using your email address and password
- Link bank accounts or store your cards on your Skrill account
- Skrill is secure and offers a secure transacting and a dedicated anti-fraud team
- Access your Skrill funds 24 hours a day using the dedicated and secure Skrill mobile app
- Get special offers at participating SA online casinos when you use your Skrill payment option including deposit bonuses, free spins and more
Skrill offers affordable pricing plans as well as many free services for SA casino gamers. The following outlines the basic pricing structure for Skrill users:
- Web-based payments at SA online casinos = free of charge
- Withdrawing money to your Skrill eWallet from your SA online casino = free of charge
- Uploading funds to your Skrill account = sometimes a charge (Skrill do notify the user)
- Sending funds from your Skrill eWallet to an email address/ other Skrill eWallet = 1.45% of the full amount sent
Skrill offers full, around the clock support to all Skrill account users, available directly from their official website. Skrill members can select a number of support options, with the main option being Skrill support via email. A particularly useful user feature includes the option to type any Skrill related query into the support page search bar. This will redirect you to an appropriate and relevant answer within the Skrill database.
Failing that, Skrill users can try to find more expanded answers to the most commonly asked questions found in the Skrill FAQ section. For convenience and ease of use, the Skrill user support page is also organised into a number of key product areas which include:
- Prepaid Card
Skrill vs other e-Wallets
1. Skrill vs PayPal
Skrill and PayPal are quite similar in a number of areas.Both PayPal and Skrill are ideal for performing secure online payments in most countries around the globe. One of the main drawbacks to PayPal is that, while the payment option is popular for online purchases (retail for example), it is not always available at online casinos.
On the other hand, Skrill is a far more commonly available online payment option at SA online casinos, and you will find it more often than PayPal when you need to make secure casino deposits or withdrawals. In recent months,Skrill has also received more positive user reviews, particularly on Trust Pilot and seems to score consistently higher than PayPal.
2. Skrill vs Neteller
Both Skrill and Neteller are almost equally available at most South African online casinos. However, when it comes to the sheer number of international currencies supported, Skrill beats Neteller hands down, with 40 different currencies supported. When one looks at the number of international currencies supported by Neteller, users only have around 26 to choose from.
Is Skrill and Moneybookers the same thing?
Yes it is. Moneybookers is the original brand name which was launched in 2001. However, in 2011 Moneybookers decides to rebrand as Skrill. You will often find both names, depending on which SA online casino you happen to be playing at, they are the same service however so there is no issue in terms of usability and features.
What are the main benefits to using Skrill at SA online casinos?
Skrill is one of the most convenient and online payment options offered at SA online casinos. User have reported that Skrill is extremely safe and efficient to use and offers near-instant deposits as well as fast (often under 24 hours) withdrawals.
Is it expensive to use Skrill?
Most Skrill-based transactions are free of charge, although users may encounter a small fee of 1.45% when using other transaction types and options.
How safe is Skrill to use at SA online casinos?
Yes it is. All Skrill transactions are secured via advanced SSL digital encryption, ensuring absolute online security at all times.