Progressive Jackpot Slots
Playing online slots at top online casinos for South African players is by far the most popular of all digital gambling activities in 2018. However, as popular as online slots are, none are quite as popular or as enigmatic as the slots that feature a progressive prize. When you hear about someone who was playing at an online casino for a few minutes, and then suddenly struck it lucky, winning millions in an instant, the chances are very high that that person was actually playing a progressive jackpot online slot.
There have been many progressive jackpot games in recent years that have caused an internet sensation. The news of someone winning millions in dollars, pounds or euros often ends up being a viral piece of content. This is because we are all fascinated with the idea that there is a chance, however small, that we could literally change our entire lives overnight. What is even more attractive about this idea, is that all you really need is just one coin, or just a few spins on a leading online progressive jackpot slot to achieve this dream.In this quick and easy guide to progressive jackpot slots for South African gamblers, we take a closer look at just how these games work. We also look at some of the most popular games that you can find at top South African online casinos. Enjoy reading our tips on what you should do when you decide to play some of these incredible jackpot machines!
How Progressive Jackpot Slots Work
New players to online casinos often get confused when it comes to playing jackpot games. After all, are these the same as normal video slots? How much do you have to put in them in order to play? How do they work?These are all very good questions, and are among the most frequently asked questions by South African gamblers who are new to online casino gaming.The truth is that jackpot slots are actually very easy to understand, and just as easy to play as any other online slot game. In fact, most of these games are structured in exactly the same way as any other online video slot. They can feature five reels, along with multiple paylines, special bonus symbols, cool animations and graphics, and much more. You can even find some of these are based on classic three reel slots, with a simpler gameplay and user interface.However, the fundamental difference between standard video slots of classic slots and progressive jackpot slots, lies solely in the construction of the main jackpot prize or prizes. Some jackpot slots will actually have several jackpots which can be one. These are all different sizes and, in most cases, are triggered at random, meaning anyone can win them at any time.Progressive slots are so named because their main jackpot prize is not fixed as it is in normal slots. In other words, a fixed jackpot is determined when the game is designed and can never change, while a progressive jackpot keeps growing or ‘progressing’ in its total amount that can be won. As each new player tries to win the jackpot, a percentage of their wager is added to the overall jackpot total, the more players that try their luck, the bigger the jackpot gets. We’ve seen some popular progressive games that can reach into the millions literally within a few hours.Some jackpot slot games are called standalone games. What this means is that you will only get the progressive jackpot total that is in that particular machine. This normally means that they are a bit smaller since it relies on players only at that specific online casino. On the other hand, some progressive games are part of a greater network. These games are not dependent on a specific online casino, but rather form part of the software designer’s jackpot network. You will find progressive jackpot slots networks by Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, and many others software brands. Typically, these networked progressive slots are the ones that have the really high jackpot totals, and are consequently more popular.
Best Progressive Jackpot Slots to Play at SA Online Casinos
While picking the best progressive slots can often be seen as an entirely subjective matter, there are some progressive jackpot slots that are proven more popular and more famous than others. These are the ones that you always read about in online blogs and news stories. Just as a sample, we’ve gathered together a few of the most popular progressive jackpot slots titles currently available at top South African online casinos as well as the web at large.Top progressive jackpot slots in no particular order:
- Mega Moolah
- Mega Moolah Isis
- Lotsa Loot
- Cash Splash
- Arabian Nights
- Magic Slots
- Fortunate 5
- Gold Rally
- Marvel Mystery Series
- Mega Fortune
- Mega Fortune Dreams
- Major Millions
Top Progressive Jackpot Slots Software Brands
The short list of some of the best and most popular progressive jackpot slots played at online casinos shows the most popular games by title. However, it does not show you who the software developers are that are responsible for creating these games. The following is a short list of the best software providers that create progressive jackpot slots, just in case you want to begin exploring other progressive jackpot titles. Going by software provider is a very effective way of finding great progressive jackpot slots online.
Top 5 Software Provider Producing Progressive Jackpot Slots
- Real Time Gaming
- Rival Gaming
Top Tips for Playing Progressive Jackpot Slots
Playing progressive jackpot slots online takes a bit more dedication and fortitude when compared to playing regular online slots. For one thing, most progressive jackpot slots require you to always bet at maximum if you want to stand a chance to win the main progressive jackpot prize. This means that you have to have all available paylines active on every spin, and have to have the largest coin size selected. Here are some additional tips to help you get the most out of your progressive slots gaming.
- Choose your online casino with care: This is an important point as choosing the wrong online casino to attempt to win the biggest payday of your life could spell disaster. You want to make sure that your online casino is reputable and is fully licensed, regulated and endorsed by the correct gambling authorities. The last thing you want is to plough a heap of your own money into an online casino, only to have face endless hassles getting your money out at the end of the day.
- Make sure your online casino has your preferred payment option: Again, do your homework before you start to play any progressive jackpot games. You want to be sure that you will be able to withdraw your big jackpot win quickly and efficiently and also with the least amount of additional fees possible.
- Read the casino terms and conditions carefully: Every online casino, including all of the online casinos for South African players come with a specific set of terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions related to their bonus offers, while others will relate to player conduct and withdrawal policies. If you are setting out to play progressive jackpot games specifically, you will need to be sure that you have read through all of the relevant terms and conditions. Any mistakes could result in you not being able to make any withdrawals, or losing your jackpot altogether.
- Make sure you satisfy all of your wagering conditions: If you decide to take up one of the many online casino bonus offers, especially the sign up or first deposit bonus offers, make sure that you have fulfilled all of your wagering conditions before requesting a withdrawal of any or all of your wings.
- Check to see if there is a limit to how much of your bonus you can withdraw: This is quite an important point to remember. Some online casinos will allow you to withdraw your entire jackpot winnings in one go. However, some online casinos will only allow you to withdraw a limited amount per day or per week. Check to see which one your online casino allows for before playing any of their progressive jackpot games.
- Make sure all of your necessary paperwork is in order: Here is another very important point which many players neglect. Before you can withdraw any of your winnings, you need to make sure that all of your paperwork is in order. This includes your identity items, proof of address, KYC forms and so on. If you don’t get this right from the start, you will end up with a lot of headaches when you want to get your money out.